If you have ever had tired, overworked muscles then you know how beneficial a great massage can be. Although massage parlors can be great, not everyone has the time (or money) to go to one regularly. The solution is a massage chair. Massage chairs are comfortable and inviting. Just walking by one and looking at it can have a relaxing effect. This is why you can find them in malls, furniture stores, or anywhere else that lots of people frequently visit.
Compared to visiting a spa or massage parlor regularly, having a great massage chair at home will save you money in the long run and allow you to pamper yourself anytime you feel like it. There are a lot of massage chairs for you to choose from, and while price may be a big factor in your decision, knowing the different types of massage chairs can make your decision a lot easier. Here is some information on six different popular types of massage chairs.
1. Shiatsu Massage Chair
Getting a Shiatsu massage is a full body and mind experience. Developed from Japanese culture, the idea behind a Shiatsu massage is to release blocked energy to relax and heal your mind and body. Having a Shiatsu massage chair can give you this experience at home over and over again.
The word "shiatsu" means "finger pressure" in English. It involves rolling, stretching, kneading, and more on certain pressure points in order to release Qi (energy) that can cause muscle tightness and pain. In addition to relieving muscle pain, a Shiatsu massage can also relieve headaches, depression, arthritis, digestive disorders and more.
A Shiatsu massage chair replicate a massage done by a therapist by employing special rollers that rolls, and kneads the same pressure points that a massage therapist would.
- The Only Massage Chair Line that is Researched, Developed and Assembled in USA. All other massage chairs are imported from Asia.
- FDA, CE, and UL listed. Built for safety and medicinal benefits.
- Most technically up-to-date, fast-responding, heavy-duty, and smart handheld touch-screen control. Same platform as in Smartphones -patent pending.
2. Zero Gravity Massage Chair
This chair has a cool name, but it isn't going to have you hovering in the air as if you were on the International Space Station. The name for this chair comes from the fact that you lay almost horizontally with your feet and legs slightly elevated above your heart, in the same position that astronauts do as they are launched into space. This alleviates some of the force of gravity on your spine, allowing you to relax more as you get a massage.
A zero gravity massage chair can have many other benefits besides relaxation. The angled position increases circulation which, in turn, can decrease swelling throughout the body. It can also help with conditions that are characterized by breathing issues because the airways are opened up when in the zero gravity position. This is great for people who suffer from asthma, bronchitis, or other lung-related diseases. Zero gravity massage chairs can also be Shiatsu massage chairs.
- REDESIGNED & UPGRADED W/ ONE HAND OPERATION REMOTE CONTROLLER, GENTLE YET FIRM MASSAGE ROLLERS, REDUCED AIRBAG PRESSURE FOR ARM & CALF - 4 AUTOMATIC...
- THREE STAGE ULTRA AUTOMATIC ZERO GRAVITY MULTI-FUNCTION MASSAGE CHAIR: Zero gravity chairs elevate your feet to the same level as your heart,...
- BUTTLOCK L-TRACKING MASSAGE SYSTEM: The rollers glide from the upper back all the way down under the seat. This new rolling system provides a full...
3. Portable Massage Chairs
These massage chairs are great for massage therapists who travel to their clients instead of the other way around. They aren't really recommended for home use since the chairs themselves don't actually do the massaging. However, if you have someone at home who can give you a massage, or if you give the massages then a portable massage chair could be a choice that you consider.
These chairs are usually fairly lightweight with most of them weighing less than 20 lbs. They fold up, some more than others. Some can even fold up small enough to fit into a carrying bag. Despite their light weight, they can often support hundreds of pounds of weight so you can rest assured that just about anyone can use and benefit from it. Portable massage chairs are usually pretty flexible, with many parts being able to adjust to different angles and heights. You should consider a portable massage chair if you need to do a lot of massages on the go.
- COMPLETE PORTABLE MASSAGE CHAIR PACKAGE: Includes EARTHLITE Vortex Chair, Rugged Nylon Carry Case, Padded Shoulder Strap, and Sternum Pad.
- TRAVELS EASILY, LIGHTEST CHAIR ON THE MARKET: Only 15 lbs! The innovative oval frame is forged from light and strong aircraft grade aluminum. Compact...
- INCREDIBLY COMFORTABLE: The EARTHLITE Vortex Massage Chair is upholstered with high quality, dual density Pro-Lite cushioning and buttery soft...
4. Full Body Massage Chair
Full body massage chairs are the most popular and most sought after type of home massage chair. These chairs are usually one of the other discussed types--shiatsu, or zero gravity, but they massage your entire body from your head down to your feet. They tend to be more on the expensive side.
A full body massage chair will have built-in leg areas where you can insert your legs and they will be massaged as you sit (or lay in the case of the zero-gravity chair). Your legs will feel as if they are getting a great Shiatsu massage at the same time that the rest of your body is.
- Exclusive ergonomic armrest linkage system, embedded arm clip, let arms massage comfortable and soft.
- Press the zero-gravity button, you will feel virtually weightless, real relax physically and mentally.
- 8 massage rollers inside the backrest and foot rollers function, 50 air bags placed all over the shoulder, arms, seat, and legs, gives you full body...
5. Heated Massage Chair
Many massage chairs have a whole host of features to make your massage experience great. Having the capability to be heated is a great, luxury feature that many massage chairs have. Having a heated massage chair can enhance your massage since they both provide many of the same benefits.
One benefit of a heated massage chair is that the heated massage can increase your flexibility. Tight, inflexible muscles can cause pain and discomfort. Heat can make it easier to stretch your muscles, so you can get rid of pain easier and faster with a heated massage.
Having a heated zero-gravity chair does wonders for conditions like arthritis and asthma. Since heat therapy helps to dilate blood vessels, this allows blood to flow even more freely than the boost from a zero-gravity chair alone. The increased circulation reduces swelling and promotes and increased rate of healing, especially for injuries that will take a long time to heal.
6. Massage Chair Pads
If you are looking for something budget-friendly, or something that is automated and portable, then massage chair pads may be a good choice for you. These pads are very convenient because you can use almost any comfortable chair at home--a recliner, couch, loveseat, etc. You can also fold it up and take it with you so it's possible to get great massages on vacation, on a camping trip, at a friend or family members house, or even at work if you have a comfortable office chair.
Massage chair pads do have a few minor drawbacks. Sometimes they aren't well suited for really tall people or really short people because they aren't designed to adjust for a person's height. This means that the massage pad may not be able to massage critical points for ultimate relaxation.
Another drawback is that some of them are actually only vibrating cushions. These may make you feel a bit relaxed, but they don't actually provide you the full benefits of a great massage. You will want to pay attention to this as you shop.
Depending on the type of chair you use, massage chair pads can also slide out of place sometimes. This can get a tad bit annoying, especially if you sit there for an extended period of time and have to constantly readjust it.
Despite a couple of drawbacks, a good massage chair pad can make work, school, vacations, traveling, or anywhere that you have a solid chair a much more comfortable and relaxing experience.
- RELIEVES SORE MUSCLES: Powerful 3-Dimension Deep-Kneading Shiatsu Massage Nodes relax overused and tight muscles (Automatically changes direction...
- VERSATILE: Ergonomic and compact pillow massager fits perfectly behind neck and body contours of lower- & upper-back, abdomen, calf, and thigh areas
- CONVENIENT STRAPS: Adjustable Multipurpose Handle Straps allow adjustment of pillow during massage, or can be used to secure the massager to your...
Who doesn't like a great massage? Having a really good massage chair at home can be great if you don't have time or money to go to a massage therapist all the time. Plus, with so many health benefits such as a boosted immune system, improved posture, regulated blood pressure, and increased flexibility, investing in a massage chair makes a lot of sense.
There are many types of massage chairs to choose from. The Shiatsu massage chair and the zero gravity massage chair are the two most popular. They can even be combined to give you a dual-benefit "super" massage chair. Massage chairs come with many different features to set them apart from each other, it is easy to choose the perfect one to suit your massaging needs.