Are you looking for the best massage chair and do you want to know which are most recommended by consumer reports?
Well… you’ve come to the right place so make sure you keep on reading.
Today, at-home massage chairs are more accessible and more affordable than ever, but unfortunately not all are as good as they claim.
My goal is to help you pick one that works for you without blowing your money. Below you’ll find detailed massage chair reviews of some of the best on the market but also some things you should keep an eye on. We’ll also give you some insights into what consumer reports are saying in 2018.
To help you save time make sure you click on any of the chairs in the comparison table below to get an idea on the latest pricing or read a more extensive review.
Top Selling Massage Chairs of 2018
Why Buy a Massage Chair?
In this highly demanding world, our bodies need extra special care for sore muscles, stiff joints, and general stress relief that we place on them.
Those in office jobs find their bodies stiff from sitting in the same position for hours on end, while people who have physically demanding jobs may find themselves sore from their work. Athletes, the elderly, and those with physical illnesses may also be looking for relief. In fact, almost anyone today can benefit from the physical and mental boost that comes from a massage.
The problem with this type of massage experience is that it is short-lived, an ongoing expense, and you almost always have to leave your home for a scheduled appointment.
With this in mind, the prospect of owning a massage chair that can meet your physical needs while helping you to relax and de-stress may seem like a far-off dream. But it doesn’t have to be!
With high-end technology, many massage chairs can mimic the movements of the human touch and give you an overall great massage experience —right in your own home. The many options for massage chairs today include Zero Gravity reclining positions, full body Shiatsu massage programs, customized body scanning technology, and even built-in music speakers. But with so many options, how do you know which massage chair is the right one for you?
Whether you’re considering newly adding a massage chair to your life, you’re upgrading an existing massage chair, or replacing one that you’ve loved for years, you have come to the right place! With so many brands and styles available in the marketplace today, it’s important to research to make sure that you are making the best possible investment for your health, home, and finances. And here at Massage Chair Compare, we’ll show you the details of the top chair available today, allow you to compare them, and come to the best possible conclusion before you make your purchase.
Table of Contents
Benefits of Massage Chairs
Having access to a massage chair in your home is more than simply a luxury, but it can also do a great deal to promote your health and well-being through a variety of benefits. First introduced onto the market in the late 1980’s, automated massage chairs were created to emulate the therapeutic techniques of a massage therapist, relieving tension, stress, and pain in the body. As technology has made advances, the ability for massage chairs to simulate the benefits of a human massage have increased as well. Today, the health benefits of massage chairs are many, and they include:
- Increased health for the circulatory system increases oxygen to tissues and organs
- Boost to the health of the immune system (lymphatic) through elimination of toxins
- Improved ability to sleep with positive circadian rhythms and sleep cycles
- Fewer muscle spasms with reduced stiff or sore muscles
- Improved balance and flexibility
- Reduced negative impact of stress on the body and mind, including fewer headaches
- Improved breathing capability through relaxation of core body muscles
- Beneficial endorphins are increased which aid in pain relief and better moods
- Improved posture which minimizes back pain and loosens tight back muscles
- Reduced arthritis pain by limiting the amount of pressure placed on joints and bones
- Positive energy and sense of well-being helps with clear thinking and outlook on life
- Pregnant women may benefit from reduced need for medication, shorter labor and speedy recovery
- Reduction of edema (swelling) in the legs and other body parts following surgery or injuries
- Migraine sufferers benefit from reduction in pain and other symptoms, minimizing the need for medication
- Athletes benefit from stretching which minimizes risk of muscle strain and workout injury
- Improved range of motion and flexibility in those who are elderly or injured
- Significantly reduces symptoms related to Restless Leg Syndrome including cramps and spasms
- Reduced pressure on the nerves in the spine and re-aligns body by supporting the back
What to Look Out For When Buying A Massage Chair
Best Selling Massage Chair Reviews
Our site features only the best selling and top rated massage chair so that you can consider only the options that are the most realistic for you. First, we will feature the 3 BEST SELLING massage chairs that sell better than all of the others, based on the data we have compiled. These chairs include: Kahuna LM 6800, Best Massage EC 06C, and Ideal Massage Chair by Beauty Health.
Kahuna LM 6800 <— [TOP SELLER on Amazon!]
An amazing, high end massage chair that has been recently upgraded, the Kahuna LM 6800 ranks as one of the best-selling massage chairs on the market today. This chair is registered with the FDA for its therapeutic benefits, offers a range of features including the critical Zero Gravity and L-Track, and is affordably priced in the middle of the price range.
Some of the most important features and benefits of the Kahuna LM 6800 include:
- 6 Auto Programs include: Yoga, SV-Chiro, Deep Tissue Massage, Stretch, Relax, and Rejuvenate
- FDA registered Medical Device
- Space-saving design allows chair to be places only 4 inches from the wall
- 2 Zero Gravity positions for improved circulation and spine health
- L-Track massage
- Body Scan Technology
- 36 programmed air bags
- Shiatsu massage
- Extendable footrest for taller users
- 15 minute or 30 minute massage settings
- 2 colors: khaki and beige
- 3 year limited warranty for parts, labor, and structural framework
It’s no surprise that the Kahuna LM 6800 is ranked highly among massage chairs in the middle price range under $2000. Amazon users love this chair for its L-track length, yoga setting that mixes massage with stretching, and especially for its space-saving technology that means that chair can be positioned just four inches from the wall. The warranty offered for the Kahuna massage chair is superb and the company has a good reputation with strong values and a twenty year history.
This is the short (mini-review) version – CLICK HERE to read the full (in-depth) review for the Kahuna LM6800…
Best Massage EC 06C
One of the lower priced in our list of best-selling massage chairs, the Best Massage EC 06C model offers a number of features that would be expected in this lower price-range chair. With easy to use control panel, fully automated massage recliner, and added neck massage feature targeting stress points, this massage chair is a great value for the price. Here are some of the most important features of the Best Massage EC 06C:
- 4 auto massage programs: Recovery, Extend, Refresh, and Relax
- More than 30 airbags with double layers in the thigh area for strong support
- Built in heat massage on the back
- Shiatsu function with two power rollers
- Heat therapy on soles of feet in addition to the back area
- Intensity settings range from mild to strong
- Shiatsu massage chair setting
- Yoga-like stretching option
- Body scanning to customize for body size and weight
- Built-in hand massage
- Fully automated recline feature
- One year limited warranty for parts (labor not included)
For those looking for a low priced, budget massage chair that is still packed with features, the Best Massage EC 06C sits comfortably under $1000. A great compromise between style and function, this massage chair offers intelligent design without too much compromise. Because of the price range, this chair is missing the Zero Gravity positioning, which many users find to be critical in a massage chair, and the warranty is short compared with other high-end chairs. However, for the price, this Best Massage model is a great starter chair that is well-liked when ranked by Amazon customers.
This is the short (mini-review) version – CLICK HERE to read the full (in-depth) review for the Best Massage EC 06C…
IDEAL Massage Chair by Beauty Health
Highly enjoyed by its users, the massage recliner is affordably priced and has a great number of beneficial features. One great factor on this chair is that massage programs can be set up to run between 5 minutes and 30 minutes, where many other chairs only have 15 minute or 30 minute settings. Other important features include:
- 4 Auto Program options: Shiatsu, Kneading, Spinal Rolling, Vibrating
- 5 minute to 30 minute massage programs
- Body Scan Technology
- S-Track Rolling System
- 3 Zero Gravity Positions
- Seat Vibrator
- Back Heat Therapy
- Therapeutic air bags in shoulders, feet, arms, calves, and seat
- Foot Massage with 6 roller balls
- LCD Remote Control
- 4 color options: Red, Black, Beige, Brown
- 3 year limited warranty on steel frame and electronic parts
Affordable in the mid-range of massage chair pricing, the Ideal Massage Chair by Beauty Health offers deep Shiatsu massage, three true Zero Gravity positions for optimal spine and circulatory health, as well as options for automatic or manual modes. The foot massage on this chair is particularly strong with 6 kneading roller balls. This chair is highly ranked by Amazon users and offers a standard warranty that does not include labor.
This is the short (mini-review) version – CLICK HERE to read the full (in-depth) review for the IDEAL Massage Chair…
Reviews for Top Rated Massage Chairs
Ranking highly in sales as well as in customers reviews, these top rated massage chairs all offer excellent features and benefits for their price ranges. Take a look at what these massage chairs have to offer as you consider the options and make your buying decision:
Marketed as a medical massage chair by Luraco Technologies, this high-end massage chair sits well above most of its competitors for quality, features, warranty, and function. Based on reviews, this chair is loved and adored by everyone who owns it. We can’t say enough about how amazing this massage chair is, so we’ll let its features and benefits speak for themselves:
- True Zero Gravity positioning between 120 and 170 degrees
- Full Body heat in back, seat, and feet (five heat adjustment levels)
- Fully Functional swivel seat
- 9 Massage Mode Pre-settings
- 3 layer calf and foot massage
- Double Roller sole massagers with removable foot pads
- Noise reduction technology
- Optional vibration feature
- Up to 5 personal user memory settings
- 5 levels of intensity control for various body sections
- Integrated health monitoring for heart rate and blood pressure
- Reflexology and acupressure point diagrams
- Massage cycles from 5 minutes to 30 minutes
- 12 motors and 100 air cells for maximum comfort
- Rollers range from base of head to bottom of spine
- Smart touch screen remote control with nighttime use
- Human voice response setting with 7 language options
- Integral music
- 3 Color options: Black, Cream, and Chocolate
- 5 years limited warranty option
- 3 years complete warranty with 100% parts and labor
- White glove delivery service
- US based company/customer service
- FDA, UL, and CE registered device
Truly the cream of the crop, particularly if US based manufacturing, assembly, and customer support is on your priority list. Luraco Technologies is famous for its robotic technology, and this chair offers state-of-the art technology for the entire body including heat, massage, and even music. In the case of the I-Robotics 7 massage chair, they’ve truly thought of everything.
This is the short (mini-review) version – CLICK HERE to read the full (in-depth) review for the iRobotics 7…
Ranking among mid-range priced massage chairs, the Relaxonchair MK-IV is the higher-end version massage chair offered by this company. Well-loved by its users, this chair ranks highly on Amazon as well as by independent reviewers. Here’s a peek at many of the great features of the Relaxonchair MK-IV:
- 3 stages of Zero Gravity positioning
- 5 Automatic massage programs
- 3 programmable memory options for various preferences
- Carbon Fiber modules for back heating
- Integrated First Class airplane seats
- 10 Micro Shoulder Height Adjustment options
- S-Track Technology for full massage extension
- Air massage for calf
- Arm massager complete with 8 airbags
- Leg extends over 8 inches
- Full Body Stretching
- 20 air bag foot massage
- Space Saver with only 3 inches needed between wall and chair
- 2 Color options: Brown and Dark Chocolate
- FDA Registered medical device
- 5 year limited warranty
Not only does this chair offer magnificent features, but it also comes with the longest warranty available for massage chairs today, meaning that the company stands behind this product. One of the only drawbacks of this chair is that the foot massage is based on air bags rather than rollers, but this is likely more of a preference than a deal-breaker. For the price and the quality, the Relaxonchair MK-IV should certainly make it to the top of your consideration list when shopping for massage chairs.
This is the short (mini-review) version – CLICK HERE to read the full (in-depth) review for the Relaxonchair MK-IV…
ZycraPulse by Schultz
The most expensive massage chair in the marketplace at this time, the ZycraPulse offers high-end features and is designed to emulate the motions of a human massage therapist. Find out if this type of financial investment would be effective for you by taking a look at these main features and benefits of the ZycraPulse massage chair:
- 5 Automatic preset massage menu options: Muscle-Loosening, Deep Tissue Massage, Lower Body, Upper Body, Full Body
- 15 preset massage programs based on area of body, massage techniques, and back muscle focus
- One touch Zero Gravity recline button for circulatory and skeletal health
- 5 Massage Techniques: Knead, Shiatsu, Flap, Knock, or Knead/Flap Combo
- Customized massage speed control
- Foot Rollers for acupressure and reflexology benefits
- Optional Heat Therapy
- Elevated leg rest and reclined back function independently
- Adjustable shoulder based on width
- Available in Black
While this massage chair comes with a hefty price tag, it also offers some great features such as Zero Gravity, Heat Therapy, and Foot Rollers. One important note is that no warranty information is available for this chair and, considering the price, that may be a very large drawback. Company information is also difficult to find and that could create a problem for purchasers of the ZycraPulse massage chair.
This is the short (mini-review) version – CLICK HERE to read the full (in-depth) review for the Zycrapulse by Schultz…
Relaxonchair MK-II Plus
Falling the mid-range for massage chair prices, the Relaxonchair MK-II is well-fitted with many luxury features without moving up over the $2000 price point. Here are some of the many great features and benefits of this top ranking massage chair:
- 4 Automatic massage programs including: Deep Tissue, Rejuvenate, Relax, and Stretch
- 3 Manual targeted massage options: Tapping, Kneading, and Kneading/Tapping Combo
- 3 Levels of air bag intensity
- 3 Massage speed options
- 3 Stages of Zero Gravity positioning for heart and spine benefits
- Heat therapy
- L-track massage system reaches to buttocks
- FDA registered medical device
- Decompression feature
- Computerized Body Scanning Technology
- Extendable foot rest/calf massager
- Full Body Stretch technology
- Adjustable width shoulder pads
- 2 Color options: Chocolate and Charcoal
- 3 Year limited warranty
A solid, feature-packed product, this mid-range priced Relaxonchair MK-II PLUS is an updated version offered by the company with full body massage capabilities. With a highly intense foot massage, this chair comes with highly ranked reviews by Amazon users as well as independent reviewers, this massage chair is certainly worth considering if you have a mid-range budget and you’re looking for a chair that will last you for years to come.
This is the short (mini-review) version – CLICK HERE to read the full (in-depth) review for the Relaxonchair MK-II…
Real Relax Massage Chair
Quite affordably priced, this low-cost chair offers a strong number of benefits for those considering a minimal investment. The critical points include Zero Gravity positioning and tons of air bags. Other features include:
- 8 massage points inside back rest
- 35 air bag massagers covering the arms, legs, seat, and shoulders
- Zero Gravity positioning for optimal circulatory and spinal health
- Vibrating seat cushion with air bags
- Full wrap shoulder massage air bags
- Foot roller for massaging soles of feet with multiple modes
- Extendable foot rest for taller users
- Massage intervals range between 15 and 30 minutes
- 3 colors: black, burgundy, and khaki
- LED Remote Control with chair pocket
- Virtual Reality Headset included as a free gift
- 1-3 year limited warranty
For those who love an air-bag type massage, this may just be the chair for you! Although there’s no back roller to allow the massage to move around the back, there are adjustment options to semi-customize the massage settings to personal preferences. The company that produces this product is difficult to find much information about, and there may be some confusion about the length of the warranty. But the chair itself seems to be well-loved by its users.
This is the short (mini-review) version – CLICK HERE to read the full (in-depth) review
Best Massage EC 161
Affordably priced and packed with features, the Best Massage EC-161 sits among the best-of-the-best and still comes in with a price tag under $1000. The majority of Amazon reviewers who have used this chair recommend it highly. Here are some of the most important benefits and features of the Best Massage EC-161:
- L-Track rollers extend from neck all the way to the thigh
- Zero Gravity positioning
- Massages over 60% of the body area
- 4 Massage Methods simulating human massage: Relax, Recover, Extend, and Refresh
- OPTO Sensor Device detects shoulder position and adjusts massage for body type
- Calf air bags may be adjusted from medium to strong intensity
- Foot Roller included for excellent massage and reflexology applications
- Heat therapy around waist to help with back pain and digestion
- Removable neck pillow
- LED remote control
- Available in Black
- One year warranty for parts only
Best Massage offers two different models of massage chairs, and this one is the updated version of the two. The chair offers many great features but is missing a few as well, including the fact that the reclining function and the footrest cannot be used independently. The Best Massage company does not offer much information online and the chair’s warranty is minimal. However, for the price, this Zero Gravity chair does offer a great deal of value toward therapeutic health.
This is the short (mini-review) version – CLICK HERE to read the full (in-depth) review for the Best Massage EC161…
One of the most affordable massage chairs offered in the marketplace today, iJoy 2580 falls under the $1000 price point and stands as one of the least “institutional” looking designs available. In fact, you might choose the style for your home, even if it didn’t have massaging capabilities! Here’s a rundown of the main features and benefits of the iJoy 2580 :
- 3 Automatic Massage programs: Back Refresh, Lower Back Release, and Neck/Shoulder Relief
- Power Massage Recliner Chair feature
- 15-minute timer with auto shut-off
- 4 professional techniques simulating human massage: Kneading, Percussion, Compression, and Rolling
- Position buttons allow choice of specific places on back to receive massage
- “The Zone” option lets user choose massage six inches surrounding targeted position
- Removable softening pad in back rest for intensity preferences
- Head pillow included for comfort
- Integrated power outlet
- Cup holder
- 2 colors: Black or Espresso
- Endorsed by World Federation of Chiropractic (WFC) for patients with back pain
- US Based customer support
- 2 year limited warranty
Affordably priced with great features, the iJoy 2580 does offer a limited range of massage capabilities and may be uncomfortable for use with people who are on the tall side. The leg massage for this chair is also of lesser quality because of the design. Without Zero Gravity and heat options, this chair isn’t top-of-the-line (as the price indicates) but is certainly a worthwhile investment for those who are looking for stylish, basic-functioning chair at an extremely affordable price.
This is the short (mini-review) version – CLICK HERE to read the full (in-depth) review for the HumanTouch iJoy…
About Massage Chair Features
When you’re trying to determine what types of features you want included in your massage chair, it may help to learn a little bit more about what each of these features means. Here we’ll explain more in depth about some of the terminology and aspects of massage chair features and benefits.
Shiatsu or Swedish Massage
A massage technique that originated in Japan, Shiatsu literally means “finger pressure”. Techniques that are included in Shiatsu include massage with the palms, fingers, and thumbs, focusing on stretching the muscles, manipulating joints, and mobilizing the body. The automatic programs in massage chairs the feature Shiatsu functions are created to simulate the human version of this therapeutic style of massage. This type of massage releases tension in the body in the isolated areas that are being massaged and works in a way that is similar to acupressure.
In comparison, Swedish massage works with more gliding motions and kneading movements that stretch out the body in long motions, offering relaxation and improving the function of the circulatory system. Many massage chairs offer some variations of both types of massage therapy movements to allow for various options that are the most beneficial to each particular person using the chair.
The health benefits of spending time with your feet elevated above your heart are significant. Not only does it help to improve your circulation, but it also takes the pressure off of the spine by reversing the effects of gravity. Massage chairs that have zero gravity allow the body to basically feel weightless which gives excellent therapeutic benefits to the neck as well as the back. This Zero Gravity position may also increase the function of the lungs as they are allowed to fully expand without placing pressure on the diaphragm. The benefits to the circulatory system, respiratory system, skeletal system, and muscular system all work together therapeutically to create an overall increase in relaxation and a boost in the health.
Body Scan Technology
In order to effectively determine how the body in the chair needs to be massaged, some chairs offer Body Scan Technology that allow the airbags and rollers to adjust depending on the mass, height, and width of the body. By measuring the pressure on the back of the seat, the chair can adjust the level at which the rollers and balls protrude. As the chair adjusts, it accommodates for the size and shape of the particular person who is in the chair, making sure that it massages at the most appropriate places. Most chairs also allow for customized settings on the control pad to refine and adjust for the particular user.
Massage therapy and heat massage tend to go hand in hand, combining to create a symbiotic relaxation and healing relationship. When heat therapy and stretching are combined for flexibility purposes, range-of-motion outcomes may be higher than when stretching is used alone. Heat also enhances blood flow by promoting circulatory health, and warmth can also be used in combination with massage to promote relaxation and reduce stress or anxiety in the mind and body. With all of these benefits of heat, considering a massage chair with heat therapy included may be a critical part of your search for the best possible massage chair.
Stretching and Yoga
Many of us lead tense and stressful lives. Stretching our bodies provides benefits not only to our physical health but also to our mental capacity as well. Stretching helps to improve posture, increase flexibility, increase stamina, minimize the risk of injury, promote circulation, reduce muscle soreness, and even increase energy levels.
Understanding S-Track vs. L-Track
While massage chairs with an S-track end at the tailbone, an L-track massage chair offers a track that is the longest one available on the market today, increasing the effectiveness of the massage. This is particularly true for those who need special massage attention paid to their hips and buttocks including the sciatic nerve. The L-track massage chair offers a much longer massage stroke from the neck to the buttocks, reaching up to 49” in some cases. Although the L-track is an excellent system, it is important to remember that a shorter L-track will not be as effective as a longer one.
Most massage chairs include some sort of system for massaging the feet, typically including either air bags or rollers for the soles of the feet. Foot rollers are typically considered to be the preferred form of foot massage as they have the ability to stimulate the feet more effectively, particularly in relationship to the reflexology points. Rollers are able to push into the muscles and tendons of the feet, spinning around to give a complete and intense foot massage.
Some massage chairs take up a very large amount of space in the room, particularly when they are reclined. Chairs that are designed with space saving features allow the chair to be seated very near the wall (usually 3-4 inches away) and will “hug” the wall as they recline. This means there’s no need to keep the chair 12-15” away from the wall, creeping into the middle of the room. For people who have small spaces planned for their massage chairs, this might be a critical feature.
Best Massage Chairs Consumer Reports
Looking for massage chair reviews to help you make your purchasing decisions? Consumer Reports might be the first place you think to go. If you’re like me, you remember getting a subscription to Consumer Reports in the mail (or your parents doing so) or you can recall times when it was convenient to go to the library and look at their hard copy of the magazine. Those days are gone.
And if you try to look up Consumer Reports Reviews online, you’ll find that you have to pay for a subscription in order to access that information. And who wants to do that? The internet is a place where you can access information from around the world, including massage chair reviews, all for free. Our site offers you the free service of collecting reports and reviews from actual consumers and products users (typically from Amazon) and putting them all in one place so that you can make an educated decision about the best massage chair.
Best Massage Chair Consumer Reports Reviews
Here’s the information that Consumer Reports makes you pay for, some basic reviews of a few of the best massage chairs available on the market today. And all for free.
Kahuna L-Track Massage Chair Recliner (LM6800)
Upgraded fairly recently, the Kahuna Massage Chair LM 6800 ranks highly among Amazon users as well as with outside reviewers. Registered as an FDA medical device, this chair offers an exceptional number of features and benefits and costs only around $2000. Here are some of the best features about the chair:
- 2 Stages of Zero Gravity Positioning relieves spinal pressure
- 6 Auto Programs include: Yoga, Deep Tissue, Stretching, Relax, SV-Chiro, and Rejuvenate
- Space saving design takes up less than 4 inches of space from the wall
- Dual foot rollers are detachable and washable
- L-Track designed with 4 rollers
- Computer Body Scan Technology to customize massage to each user’s body type
- 36 different programmed airbags located in waist, shoulders, arms, and hips
- Airbag intensity adjustable to three levels
- Heat therapy with vibration option located in lumbar area and legs
- 15 or 30 minute massage settings
- Synthetic leather covering for comfort and easy care
- Available in Khaki/beige or Brown
- 30 day return policy
- 3 year limited warranty
Kahuna LM6800 Actual Customer Reviews
Consistently earning more than 4.5 stars with over 1000 customer reviews on Amazon, reviewers have this to say about the product:
One verified purchaser offers up 5 stars for the Kahuna massage chair, noting that the Zero Gravity positioning was one of the main reasons for his choice. He also appreciates the yoga setting that allows for stretching mixed with massage. There is a comment about the foot rollers being very strong and possibly requiring extra padding.
Another Amazon verified purchaser notes that shipping did take an extra few days for local delivery, and white glove delivery is an option. The reviewer says that this chair is absolutely worth the price, noting that you can feel it “from the base of your skull to the tips of your toes”. He sleeps much better after using it and the yoga function is great to use after a run.
iRobotics 7 Medical Massage Chair by Luraco Technologies
One of the most talked about massage chairs on the market today, Luraco Technologies designs and produces its iRobotics massage chair in the United States. Offering high end technological advances, the price tag on this chair is in the high range (still under $8000) but also brings countless options for features to improve your health and well-being. Some of the features and benefits include:
- Zero Gravity Positioning options between 120 and 170 degrees
- ull body heat therapy (back, seat, and feet) with five levels of intensity
- 3 layer foot and calf massage
- Body swivel with twist stretching (like yoga)
- Genuine leather at all massage touch surfaces (head, arms, shoulders, feet)
- Integrated MP3 player music system
- 9 Automatic massage program settings
- Virtually limitless customization options for massage programs
- Intelligent sensory technology scans body for customized massage
- Noise reduction technology
- L-track roller
- Optional vibration feature
- Up to 5 personal memory settings
- Integrated health monitoring option (heart rate and blood pressure)
- Human voice response setting in 7 different languages
- Listed by FDA, CE, and UL
- 5 years limited warranty option
- 3 years complete warranty for 100% parts and labor
- White glove delivery service available including setup
- Product of the United States (structural hardware made in Taiwan)
- Available in Black, Cream, and Chocolate
iRobotics Medical Massage Chair by Luraco Technologies Reviews:
Amazon reviewers rank this product with well over 4.5 stars and extremely positive reviews, such as:
One verified purchaser mentions that this massage chair is “worth every penny” and delivered as requested. She likes the fact that this chair allows for so many personalization options including intensity, massage length, heat, music, and more. This user is “totally happy”!
Another reviewer calls this chair an “awesome quality product” and particularly likes that it is made in the USA. He particularly appreciates the quiet motor as well as the combinations of features offered by the iRobotics 7 massage chair. He says that this chair is “phenomenal”, reliable, and easy to use.
Relaxonchair MK-IV Full Body Massage Chair
Featuring built-in heating as well as shiatsu massage capabilities, the Relaxonchair MK-IV sits in the mid-price range (around $2500) and uses ergonomic First Class Airplane seats as an inspiration for design. Some of the best features and benefits of this massage chair include
- 3 stage Zero Gravity Positioning
- 5 Automatic programs
- 3 programmable memory settings for different users
- Carbon Fiber modules for heat therapy
- S-Shape rail system for longer reach
- 10 options for Micro Shoulder Height Adjustment
- Buttock Ball massage
- Wall hugger design works within 3 inches of the wall
- Calf air massage
- Leg extends over 8 inches for taller users
- Full body stretching
- 5 year limited warranty
Relaxonchair MK-IV Massage Chair Reviews
Highly appreciated by its owners, this product earns more than 4 stars and is an FDA registered medical device. Reviewers have this to say about the Relaxonchair MK-IV Massage Chair:
One reviewer calls this a “great chair” that is particularly appreciated for its wall hugger design. This reviewer notes that the massage is very strong all throughout the back and down to the buttocks, and the auto adjustment for different sized people works well and is very useful.
Another verified purchaser notes that this chair has surpassed expectations without “breaking the bank”. The body massage is deep and intense, but can be dialed down to accommodate those who prefer a lighter touch. The heating element is comfortable and the lower back massage helps to relieve stiffness. The five year warranty was also a deciding factor for this user.
Our site features only massage chairs with 4.0 star ratings or above (out of 5.0 stars) on Amazon, which means that all of the chairs featured on our site are top rated. This means that if the chair is not rated highly on Amazon, we don’t feature it here because we want you to be able to choose from the best-ranked massage chairs on the market today.
Ranging in price from under $1000 to over $14,000, all of these top ranked massage chairs offer great features and benefits that are stress minimizing, pain relieving, and enhancing to your quality of life. Offered by different companies with different functions and technologies, these top rated massage chairs make it difficult to choose between them!
The good news is that Amazon customer review ratings have helped us to decide and we have narrowed it down to this one that stands head and shoulders above the rest:
Overall Best Rated Massage Chair: iRobotics 7 by Luraco Technologies
Sure, it’s priced on the high end. But there’s a reason why. This chair is absolutely amazing in every sense of the word. Actual verified customers who have used it do not have enough great things to say about the iRobotics 7 Massage Chair by Luraco Technologies. In fact, there are no negative reviews for this product at all. That certainly says something!
What’s Great about iRobotics 7 Medical Massage Chair?
Although it would be almost impossible to list ALL of the great features and benefits of the iRobotics 7, we’ll do our best to highlight some of the most important ones.
True Zero Gravity Positioning. Placing the feet above the heart for circulation health as well as taking the pressure off of the spine, the iRobotics 7 massage chair reclines to angles between 120 and 170 degrees.
Robotics Technology. State-of-the-art features and the most up-to-date technology, this massage chair uses a 3D robotic system that has been studied by a professional research institute which has proven its ability to relieve pain. Plus, the US military trusts this robotics technology enough to make the iRobotics 7 massage chair available on military bases.
Integrated Health Monitoring. This is the only massage chair we can find that includes options for monitoring heart rate and blood pressure along with your massage. This could be critical for those who are using this massage chair to impact their overall health status.
Noise Reduction Technology. Because of their mechanics, some massage chairs can be very loud, which is sort of the opposite of the relaxation that you are going for. The iRobotics 7 massage chair uses superior technology to reduce the amount of noise created by the chair, making it the quietest in the industry.
Genuine Leather at Touch Points. Most massage chairs are made of synthetic leather, which is typically more durable and requires less maintenance. However, the places where your skin touches this synthetic material can have a tendency to feel sticky or even become sweaty. Using genuine leather on the touch surfaces helps to avoid this problem while still creating a great user experience.
Accommodates Larger/Taller People. Because many technology companies are producing and testing their products in Asia where people have a tendency to have a smaller stature, sometimes massage chairs do not meet the size needs required by Americans. The iRobotics 7 exceeds expectations with weight recommendations of up to 300 pounds and height recommendations of up to 6’7”. That will work for even some NBA players!
American Product. Not only was it developed and assembled in the U.S.A, but its customer service inquiries are also handle in the United States, making it a truly American product. The only massage chair company that offers a truly American product, Luraco Technologies also works with technology innovation for other advanced products in the military as well as commercial sectors.
5 Year Warranty. The best/longest warranty in the massage chair industry, Luraco Technologies stands behind its product. So, while the price may seem a bit high at first, if you divide it up over the number of years that you’ll be able to use this chair, the investment is absolutely worth every penny. Luraco also offers a commercial warranty, which means those who want to use this chair for a place of business, rather than at home, can still be covered.
What’s Not-So-Great about iRobotics 7 Medical Massage Chair?
It’s really hard to find things that are less-than-perfect about this massage chair, but we’ll try! Here’s one:
S-Track Design. Although some of the advanced brands of massage chairs are using L-Track technology that extends the reach of the massage further down to the bottom of the spine and the glutes, this chair sticks with S-Track that reaches far, but not quite as far as it would if it had an L-Track.
Why Does iRobotics 7 Have Fewer Amazon Reviews?
It is important to note that the pool of people who have rated the iRobotics 7 is smaller than others, and this may be for a couple of reasons. One, it could be that fewer people have purchased this chair simply because it is a luxury item and the price is higher. Another aspect that may explain fewer Amazon reviews may be a good thing because this means you know that the company or seller is not manufacturing false, positive reviews on their own. Another consideration to remember is that people are often more likely to complain when they are upset about something. And if there are literally no negative reviews, this probably means that there is nothing to complain about!
In any case, while the number of reviews isn’t as high as others, it is still more than you would get from asking your own friends, and that’s the beauty of Amazon reviews. And the people who did review it, absolutely loved it.
About Amazon Ratings on Our Site
Although the ratings and customer reviews aren’t listed just exactly the same here as you would find them on Amazon, but we do try to give you quality information that helps you with decision-making. As an added help, readers can click over to each chair’s Amazon page to see the exact, most up-to-date rating for each chair in real time.
If you’re looking for the very best rated massage chair on the market, you can bring home the iRobotics 7 Medical Massage Chair by Luraco Technologies. It does come with a high (but not the highest!) price tag, but also comes with some amazing features that might make you wonder how you ever actually lived without this chair. This chair could very much change your life.
If you’ve gotten this far in reading our massage chair reviews, that means that you’re extremely committed to the idea of purchasing the best value in a massage chair for your home. Critical to the process is determining which features are important to you and what is offered in your price range. Once you’ve made a decision, you’re likely to find that your massage chair truly can change your life offering better health, freedom from pain, minimization of stress, and a general all-around therapeutic massage experience for your life!